Vegan overnight passionfruit vanilla yogurt oats are a tasty change from traditional porridge or oatmeal.
As well as a delicious alternative to overnight oats.
The addition of yogurt results in a creamy, pudding like texture almost like chilled rice pudding.
Prepping these little yogurt oat pots is quick and easy.
Overnight yogurt oats are perfect for batch preparing.
Vegan Overnight Passionfruit Vanilla Yogurt Oats
The passionfruit lends little bursts of sourness which is so tasty as it contrasts with the sweet, vanilla creamy pudding-like yogurt oats!
I often have one of these yogurt passionfruit vanilla oat pots for supper, dessert or a snack not just for breakfast!
- small vessels to hold the oats e.g. small jars, tubs, glasses
- 500 ml soya yogurt 3 cups. Or other plant-based plain yogurt.
- 60 grams rolled oats about 10 tbsp. I used jumbo rolled oats which are just a larger flake than regular rolled oats.
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener. Try date sugar if possible! Use less sweetener if you prefer a less sweet breakfast.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Fruit to top served yogurt oats
- 4 passionfruit's or 4 kiwis and 1/2 cup of mixed berries. Or fruit of your choice.
- Mix all the ingredients except the passionfruit's.
- Divide between your serving dishes.
- Cover if possible and keep overnight in fridge, or at least 6 hours to chill.
- Serve topped with passionfruit seeds or your choice of fruit.
Please notes: ***In the UK a one cup measurement equals 250ml***
The following nutritional data is for guidance only and is not a strict calculation as ingredients vary. The data includes 4 passionfruit's.Prepared one of my recipes? Snapped a photo for social media? Tag us @traditionalplantbasedcooking #traditionalplantbasedcooking So I can admire it to!
Vegan Overnight Passionfruit Vanilla Yogurt Oats Recipe Notes
- Overnight passionfruit vanilla oats will keep fresh in the fridge, covered, for 3-4 days.
- Use any sweetener or syrup you prefer. Such as agave or date syrup, coconut or date sugar. Or just your usual sugar.
- Save time and use a shop bought vegan vanilla yogurt instead of the plain soy yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Not keen on passionfruit’s? Top with any fresh fruits you prefer just before serving, or add frozen fruits the night before.
- For a quicker overnight yogurt oats use vanilla flavour plant-based yogurt. And then just omit the maple syrup and vanilla!
- Experiment with different plant-based yogurt flavours.
- Sprinkle some nuts or seeds over the yogurt oats for added nutrition and texture.
- Mix through some vegan chocolate chips for a yummy dessert pot!
- Kids will love some vegan cake sprinkles sprinkled over or mixed through, for a special birthday cake version!
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
Try a bowl of the best traditional Scottish porridge!
Or prepare some blueberry overnight oats
Blitz up a deliciously healthy tropical green smoothie!
I enjoy sipping this glass of tropical bright green smoothie while gazing out the window at the dreich persistent rain and wind of rural Scotland and dream of the sun that will likely not arrive! The smoothie does cheer me up though!