Run out of bread? Got a hungry family to feed? No problem! A batch of these vegan quick dinner rolls can be prepared and baked in under an hour and enjoyed hot from the oven.
These little dinner rolls are soft, springy and light. Perfect with a dab of plant-based margarine or vegan butter. Or dipped into tasty vegan stews and soups.
The flavours of these little dinner rolls can be easily adapted and enjoyed for a quick breakfast option.
Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls
Three ingredients is all that is required to prepare a tasty batch of no-knead, no-rising, no-yeast quick dinner rolls! The ingredients are self-raising flour, plant milk and vegan mayonnaise. Although the self-raising or rising flour can be replaced with plain/all-purpose flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder sieved through.
Enjoy these bread rolls plain or jazz them up with your own choice of flavourings. My family particularly enjoy a few teaspoons of garlic powder, a teaspoon of onion powder and a pinch of salt.
The aromas that escape when these little garlic flavoured dinner rolls emerge out of the oven will have your mouth watering in anticipation!
One of my son's favourite breakfasts is to grab one of these quick dinner rolls that have been flavoured with a few tablespoons of vegan chocolate chips and a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
The result is a tasty home-made alternative to shop-bought pain au chocolates although not as sweet as processed rolls but we prefer it that way.
How To Prepare Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls
Recipe FAQS And Notes
Dinner rolls can be stored in an airtight container, wrapped in food wrap, greaseproof paper or kitchen foil to maintain freshness for longer.
These bread rolls can be stored for up to 3-4 days.
If your dinner rolls go a little stale just reheat in the oven for a few minutes at the baking temperature.
Or drop baked dinner rolls into a soup or stew about 10 minutes before the end of cooking. These little rolls will heat through and soak up the stew flavours and be almost like dumplings.
Baked dinner rolls can be frozen for up to 3-4 months. Ensure the rolls are in a covered container or are well wrapped. Add a little piece of greaseproof paper between each roll for ease of removing single rolls if necessary.
Defrost at room temperature and reheat if preferred.
Tailor these dinner rolls to your family's preferences and what your having for dinner.
*nutritional yeast (a few tablespoons for a cheesy flavour. Especially nice with some onion powder)
*grated plant-based cheese
*vegan chocolate chips
*chopped fresh herbs
If using a powder such as garlic or onion add an extra 1-2 teaspoons of plant-milk to avoid the dough becoming too dry.
More Easy Vegan Bread Recipes To Discover:
Irish Soda Bread (100% wholemeal and no fat needed traditional recipe)
Traditional Scottish Oatcakes (not technically bread but more of a cracker but is a tasty accompaniment to soups and stews)
Depression Era Peanut Butter Bread (amazing for breakfast!)
3 Ingredient Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls
- 290 grams self-raising flour or plain/all-purpose flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder sieved through
- 250 ml plant-based milk
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 155 Fan/350 F/175 Celsius/ 350 Fahrenheit / Gas mark 4.
- Grease your muffin tray with a small amount of oil or vegan margarine. Or use paper baking cases.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a wet dough. The dough will be thick and sticky but still easy to scoop into the muffin tray using a large spoon and knife to scrape the dough into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen, lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve directly from the oven or pop out of the muffin tray and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Nutritional information is provided for guidance only and is not a strict calculation as ingredients vary.
- Store dinner rolls in an airtight container or within a bread bag for up to 3-4 days. Adding a layer of kitchen foil, baking paper or food wrap can help preserve the rolls freshness.
- These dinner rolls can also be stored covered within the refrigerator.
- Freeze baked dinner rolls for 3-4 months. Defrost before using.
- Dinner rolls can be reheated at the baking temperature for a few minutes to revive the freshness.
- Add your own flavours to these dinner rolls such as mixed herbs, garlic or onion powder, nigella/black onion seeds, fresh chopped herbs, nutritional yeast flakes, vegan chocolate chips, coconut flakes, etc. An extra tablespoon or two of plant milk may be required if additions are added just to loosen up the dough if it becomes too thick.
Leave a Reply