Run out of bread? Got a hungry family to feed? No problem! A batch of vegan quick dinner rolls can be ready in just under an hour!
My Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls recipe is the perfect accompaniment for plant-based soups and stews.
Even better have your kids prepare these simple vegan dinner rolls!
My son baked the batches that are featured in the photos. He also made the Vegan lentil soup, It was yum!
Add whatever flavouring and additions you like to tailor your rolls to your meal.
Ideas include adding to the mixture or using as a topping some mixed seeds, chopped nuts, nutritional yeast, mixed herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, curry powder, nigella seeds, cumin seeds, coconut flakes, rolled oats, chocolate chips, dried fruit, muesli, anything!
Have fun experimenting!
Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls
Depending on the size you want to make them!
Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls
- Baking tray
- Muffin/cupcake tray
- self-raising flour 2 cups
- plant-based milk 1 cup
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- Preheat your oven to 155 Fan/350 F/175 Celsius/ 350 Fahrenheit / Gas mark 4.
- Grease your muffin or cupcake tray. Or use paper cases.
- Mix all the ingredients together. It won't be a firm dough.
- Scoop and divide the mix into your muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen, lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean,
- Serve warm or cold.
- add a pinch of salt and some pepper
- add 2-3 teaspoons mixed herbs
- add 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- add teaspoon of onion powder
- add teaspoon of garlic powder
- add handful of vegan chocolate drops and teaspoon of vanilla extract
- add a tablespoon of
- top with a sprinkle of vegan cheese
- top with mixed seeds
- top with chopped nuts
The following nutritional data is for guidance only and is not a strict analysis as ingredients vary.
Vegan Quick Dinner Rolls Recipe Notes
- Use whatever flavourings or additions you like to your rolls. You can tailor the rolls to your meal. Plain rolls are equally as tasty.
- Make your own chocolate pan style rolls. Add a handful of vegan chocolate chips. This is one of my sons favourite.
- Use these rolls to substitute for dumplings with a stew or soup. Bake smaller sized quick dinner rolls and just add them to your finished soup or stew for a few minutes so that they soak up some yummy stock or gravy.
- Quick dinner rolls will keep fresh for up to 3 days. Wrap in greaseproof/parchment paper and keep in a sealed container.
- Reheat your dinner rolls for a fresher taste.
- My son loves chocolate chip quick dinner rolls for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Try adding a few tbsp of muesli and a sprinkling of rolled oats on the top for quick breakfast rolls.
- My recipe uses ready-made vegan mayonnaise for convenience and quickness. But you could experiment with homemade mayonnaise if you like and have the time!
- I will be experimenting with this recipe using gluten-free flour and wholemeal flour. So I will update my recipe once I have successful results!
Looking for more quick, easy bread recipes?
Check out my vegan 3 ingredient flatbread
And this no-knead, no-yeast rustic vegan Irish soda bread that can be ready in just an hour!
Prepared one of my recipes?
Took a photo to share on social media?
Tag us! @traditionalplantbasedcooking #traditionalplantbasedcooking
So I can admire your lovely food!