My recipe for quick and easy 3 Ingredient Flatbread is based on a common recipe doing the rounds around social media!
# Please note: this post contains an Amazon affiliate ad link further down the page. If you click through and make a purchase I may receive a commission at no cost to your purchase. Thanks! #
However my recipe utilizes plant-based yogurt instead of dairy-based.
Resulting in a flatbread that is suitable for those enjoying vegan and plant-based diets, as well as those needing dairy-free recipes for allergy reasons.
Flexitarians and those looking to reduce their dairy consumption can also enjoy this recipe! Because these flatbreads are literally so good not to be enjoyed by everyone!
Flatbreads have been appreciated globally since time immemorial!
Flatbreads must be one of our most basic, traditional food stuff.
No yeast is required with usually flour, water and maybe salt being the main ingredients.
Often it is the simple, traditional recipes that are the best!
Vegan 3 Ingredient Flatbread Recipe
Makes 5-6 Flatbreads.
Or more if making mini flatbreads.
Mini flatbread pizzas would be delicious for lunch!
Vegan 3 Ingredient Flatbread
- Non-stick frying pan/ non-stick sauté pan or use a pancake maker/hotplate
- Rolling pin
- 250 grams plain flour, sieved about 2 cups, plus extra for rolling out
- 250 grams plant-based yogurt about 1 cup. I used soya (Asda UK own brand)
- pinch of salt
- Add the flour, salt and yogurt to a bowl and mix.
- Bring together into a ball.Knead for a few minutes until your ball is smooth.Add extra flour if sticky.
- Leave for at least 10 minutes to rest.
- Heat your non-stick pan to medium-hot.(If necessary use a little smear of oil to prevent sticking)
- Divide your dough into 5-6 pieces. Using a rolling pin roll each piece out very thin.
- Place a flatbread in the pan and watch the moon crater bubbles appear!The underside should have light brown patches before you flip the bread.
- Flip your flatbread and cook for another few minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining flatbreads.
- To keep the flatbreads warm layer them on a warmed plate with a clean tea towel covering.(to warm a plate just carefully stick an ovenproof plate in the oven until warmed)If liked you can add a little pat of vegan/plant-based butter or margarine over each flatbread and it will melt in the heat.
The following nutritional information is an estimate and is for guidance only as ingredients will vary. Thanks!
Recipe Notes for 3 Ingredient Flatbread
- Use these flatbreads for pizza bases. Either place all your pizza toppings onto the uncooked flatbread and bake in a hot oven about 180 Fan/200 Celsius/392 Fahrenheit/ Gas 6 until risen, golden and cooked through about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. Or use leftover flatbread as an already cooked pizza base.
- Spread a flatbread with some hummus and stuff with some roasted vegetables or falafels, wrap it all up for a tasty quick lunch or dinner. Use any of your favourite filling ideas.
- Your favourite stews, curries or soups will all be enhanced with one of these tasty, filling flatbreads as an accompaniment.
- Or just have a plain flatbread as a snack which my kids seem to love.
- Add some flavours to your flatbread. try a few teaspoons of black cumin/nigella seeds for a Naan inspired flatbread. I especially love these flatbreads with nigella seeds as these little gems taste so good. Other ideas include some chopped fresh coriander, chilli powder or fresh chilli’s, ground coriander and garlic powder. Or some mixed herbs would be ideal to accompany Mediterranean inspired dishes such as my Vegan Spanish Chickpea Rice Stew.
- Flatbreads taste best when eaten soon after cooked but will store well in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I have stored mine in the fridge and they have been fine.
- Or wrap well and freeze until needed.
- My flatbreads were cooked on my Pancake maker. I purchased it from Amazon UK during the Black Friday sale a few months ago. I absolutely love it! The non-stick hotplate cooks pancakes and flatbreads amazingly with no oil needed! The following link is to the exact one I purchased in the sale but I have also included a link to a less expensive pancake maker.
Want more easy meal ideas?
Check out my Slow Cooker Vegan Campfire Stew
And for a super quick meal try my Vegan Stir-Fry Soup: