This vegan All bran cinnamon loaf cake is perfect for breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea, after school snack or simply whenever your feeling peckish.
So simple to prepare this easy fruit loaf will quickly become a staple recipe loved by all the family. Serve on its own or with a pat of vegan butter, scoop of peanut butter or dollop of fruit jam.
Try a slice toasted for an extra special treat! So tasty.
Vegan All Bran Cinnamon Loaf Cake
This recipe is adapted from an old fashioned recipe. It is so easy and fun to prepare and one of my favourite bakes this year! Although it is only the 10th January but still!
First the All bran or similar cereal is placed in a bowl along with the brown sugar and raisins. If you don't have raisins simply sub these out for currants, sultanas (golden raisins) or a dried fruit mix. Any dried fruit will work fine, including dates.
Next the plant milk is poured over the ingredients and mixed, before leaving overnight or for at least a few hours to soak. Once soaked apple sauce, flour and cinnamon is stirred through. The mixture is now scooped into the loaf pan.
It takes around 50-60 minutes to bake until golden. All that's left to do now is to cool the loaf before slicing and enjoying a sneaky piece just to check that its tasty of course! Oh and don't forget to pop the kettle on for a well earned cup of tea which pairs beautifully with this All bran loaf cake.
If you bake this All bran cinnamon loaf cake do pop a comment below and let us know how you got on.
We love reading your feedback.
Thanks so much.
How To Prepare Vegan All Bran Cinnamon Loaf
Recipe Notes And FAQS
Store wrapped in greaseproof paper or kitchen foil for up to 5 days in a cool, dry area. Even better is to pop the wrapped loaf into a covered container or bread bin. This fruit loaf will possibly last a few days longer if stored properly.
Refresh staler slices by toasting or grilling. Or warmed up by placing in a hot oven for a few minutes.
Once toasted, grilled or baked a wee bit of vegan butter or margarine spread over to melt in, is a very tasty addition.
Yes. Wrap well with freezer and food safe wrap and place in the freezer for up to 5 months. Whole loafs can be frozen or slice and freeze individual pieces.
Pop a small piece of parchment paper between each slice so that they do not stick together as they freeze and one or two slices can be removed at a time.
Remove the wrappings and defrost on a bread board until the slices are thawed and at room temperature.
All bran or similar supermarket own varieties is a type of breakfast cereal that is prepared with wheat bran and comes in little brittle, thin, brown stick shapes.
Some versions of All bran cereal may not suitable for vegans due to the addition of Vitamin D3 which may be produced from lanolin extracted from sheep wool. Although sometimes D3 can be prepared using lichen which is actually vegan friendly!
However according to The Vegan Society Vitamin D2 is always vegan so choose an All bran type cereal that has the Vitamin D2 added. Of course some varieties may not actually add Vitamin D.
For this recipe I used Tesco High Fibre Bran Cereal which has Vitamin D2 (link is not an ad).
More Delicious Vegan Cakes And Bakes To Enjoy...
Vegan All bran Cinnamon Loaf Cake
- 2 1b (900g) loaf pan
- greaseproof paper optional, for lining loaf pan (can use a loaf pan paper case)
- Mixing bowl
- 60 grams all bran cereal or similar supermarket own variety
- 150 grams soft (light) brown sugar replace with caster or granulated if preferred (coconut or date sugar can also be used)
- 145 grams raisins or sultanas (golden raisins), currants or dried fruit mix
- 250 ml plant milk
- ¼ cup apple sauce or pumpkin puree (homemade or shop bought)
- 150 grams self-raising flour (measurement is before sieving) (can use plain/all-purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon of baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
The evening before or at least a few hours before baking:
- Add the all bran cereal, sugar, raisins and plant milk to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place a lid or plate over the bowl and leave to soak.
The next day:
- Preheat the oven to 160 Fan/ 180 C/ 356 Fahrenheit/ Gas 4. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing with a little oil or margarine and lining with greaseproof paper or with a loaf pan paper insert.
- Stir through the apple sauce into the all bran mix. Sieve in the flour and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the loaf pan and bake on the middle oven shelf for around 50 minutes to 1 hour. The cake loaf is ready when it is dark golden, firm and a skewer popped in comes out clean. (I bake with a fan oven and the loaf was ready just before 50 minutes)
- Leave in the loaf pan for about 20 minutes before carefully tipping out to cool on a wire rack or bread board. Peel of the baking parchment or remove the loaf pan paper case if used, before cooling completely.
- Nutritional information is provided for guidance only and is not a strict calculation as ingredients vary.
- Store wrapped in greaseproof paper or kitchen foil for up to 5 days in a cool, dry area. Even better is to pop the wrapped loaf into a covered container or bread bin. This fruit loaf will possibly last a few days longer if stored properly.
- Refresh staler slices by toasting or grilling. Or warmed up by placing in a hot oven for a few minutes.
- Once toasted, grilled or baked a wee bit of vegan butter or margarine spread over to melt in, is a very tasty addition.
- Wrap well with freezer and food safe wrap and place in the freezer for up to 5 months. Whole loafs can be frozen or slice and freeze individual pieces.
- Choose any breakfast cereal similar to All bran for this recipe. If your concerned the added Vitamin D3 in the cereal is not vegan-friendly then choose a cereal with added Vitamin D2 which is vegan friendly.